Childhood Apraxia & Speech Therapy Centre is excited to offer Speech Star Camps for Kids with suspected or identified Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS).
Each session of Speech Star Camp for Kids is 4 (four) days long and includes individual speech therapy sessions with a CASANA Recognized Speech-Language Pathologist, individual speech therapy sessions with a specifically trained SLP and/or Master-level SLP Student Clinician, and daily group sessions!
As part of Camp, you can expect your child to:
- Receive an individual consultation to set their personalized speech goals for Camp
- Receive individual speech therapy sessions
- Receive group speech therapy session
- Receive a brief summary report and individual consultation with recommendations for next steps in their journey with CAS
- Meet and connect with other children with CAS
- Make gains in their speech skills, social communication skills, and social skills
- Have fun!
Children will get the most out of Speech Star Camps for Kids if they can already:
- Attend to a task for 2-3 minutes with little assistance
- Respond to their name
- Understand and participate in turn-taking
- Imitate sound
- Follow simple instructions (e.g. come here, put that in the garbage, clap your hands)
All camps are coordinated by Brooke Rea, the owner of Childhood Apraxia & Speech Therapy Centre. She is especially excited to be partnering with Western University to make Speech Star Camps for Kids a reality!
This team of therapists is ready to provide a camp for kids with suspected or identified Childhood Apraxia of Speech unlike anything else offered in the Province of Ontario.
2018 Speech Star Camps for Kids include children who will be attending JK through Grade 4 in September 2018
Dates and registration packages for 2018 Speech Star Camps for Kids are almost ready to be released!
Please follow us on Facebook to be sure you don’t miss the announcement!
Please contact us if you have any questions.