Childhood Apraxia & Speech Therapy Centre is excited to offer Speech Star Camps for Kids with suspected or identified Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS).
Each session of Speech Star Camp for Kids is 1 (one) week long and includes 5 (five) individual speech therapy sessions with a CASANA Recognized Speech-Language Pathologist, 5 (five) individual speech therapy sessions with a specifically trained Master-level SLP Student Clinician, and daily group sessions including an accredited Music Therapist!
As part of Camp, you can expect your child to:
- Receive an individual consultation to set their personalized speech goals for Camp
- Receive 10 individual speech therapy sessions
- Receive 5 group speech therapy session supported by music therapy
- Receive a summary report and individual consultation with recommendations for next steps in their journey with CAS
- Meet and connect with other children with CAS
- Make gains in their speech skills, social communication skills, and social skills
- Have fun!
Children will get the most out of Speech Star Camps for Kids if they can already:
- Attend to a task for 2-3 minutes with little assistance
- Respond to their name
- Understand and participate in turn-taking
- Imitate sound
- Follow simple instructions (e.g. come here, put that in the garbage, clap your hands)
All camps are coordinated by Brooke Rea, the owner of Childhood Apraxia & Speech Therapy Centre. She is especially excited to be partnering with Western University and Taryn McKinnon to make Speech Star Camps for Kids a reality!
Taryn McKinnon is a Waterloo-based Accredited Music Therapist who has been teaching Brooke how to make therapy more musical since 2009.
This team of therapists is ready to provide a camp for kids with suspected or identified Childhood Apraxia of Speech unlike anything else offered in the Province of Ontario.
Speech Star Camps for Kids 2017 will take place July 24-28, 2017 at the Centre for children who were born in 2010, 2011, 2012 or 2013. Please contact us for more information or to receive a registration package.
Group and Camps for Kids born before 2010 or after 2013 are also available; please contact us for more details.