**Information about 2019 Speech Star Camps for Kids should be available by March 1, 2019**
Childhood Apraxia & Speech Therapy Centre is excited to offer 2018 Speech Star Camps for Kids with suspected or identified Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS).
Each session of 2018 Speech Star Camp for Kids is 4 (four) days long and includes individual speech therapy sessions with a Apraxia Kids Recognized Speech-Language Pathologist, individual speech therapy sessions with a specifically trained licensed SLP and/or Master-level SLP Student Clinician, and daily group sessions!
As part of 2018 Camp, you can expect your child to:
- Receive an individual consultation to set their personalized speech goals for Camp (in-person or by phone, as appropriate)
- Receive daily individual speech therapy sessions
- Receive daily group speech therapy session
- Receive a brief summary report and individual phone post-consultation with recommendations for next steps in their journey with CAS
- Meet and connect with other children with CAS
- Make gains in their speech skills, social communication skills, and social skills
- Have fun!
Children will get the most out of Speech Star Camps for Kids if they can already:
- Attend to a task for 2-3 minutes with little assistance
- Respond to their name
- Understand and participate in turn-taking
- Imitate sound with some consistency
- Follow simple instructions (e.g. come here, put that in the garbage, clap your hands)
All 2018 camps are coordinated by Brooke Rea, the owner of Childhood Apraxia & Speech Therapy Centre. She is especially excited to be partnering with Western University & Brittany Valeriote of Let’s Talk Guelph to make Speech Star Camps for Kids a reality!
This team of therapists is ready to provide a camp for kids with suspected or identified Childhood Apraxia of Speech unlike anything else offered in the Province of Ontario.
2018 Speech Star Camps for Kids
|Speech Star Camp for Kids||Children born in 2012-2014 (eligible for JK, SK or Grade 1 in September 2018)||Tuesday July 3 - Friday July 6, 2018|
|Speech Star Camp for Kids: Big Kid Edition||Children born in 2009-2011 (eligible for Grade 2, 3, or 4 in September 2018)||Monday July 30 - Thursday August 2, 2018|
NEW for 2018!
We’re excited to be offering some new editions of Speech Star Camps for Kids this summer! These are directly with Brooke Rea, SLP and are all small group learning opportunities. They do not include 1:1 pull-out therapy; as such, enrolment will be restricted to ensure each camper gets 1:1 attention to his/her goals.
|Speech Star Camps for Kids: /R/ Edition||Children born in 2013 or earlier (eligible for SK+ in September 2018)||Tuesday July 24 - Friday July 27, 2018|
|Speech Star Camps for Kids: Social Edition||Designed for children with CAS or (s)CAS to attend therapy for 1-2 hours with 1-2 friends or siblings of the same/older age. Focus will be on clarity of speech, clarification strategies, and social language skills.||Customized hours and dates available July 24-27, Aug 14-17, Aug 20-24, Aug 27-30, 2018||please contact us for details|
Please contact us if you have any questions.