2020 Camp registration is now open!
Childhood Apraxia & Speech Therapy Centre is excited to offer 2020 Speech Star Camps for Kids with suspected or identified Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS) and/or Childhood Dysarthria.
Each session of 2020 Speech Star Camp for Kids is 4 (four) days long and includes individual speech therapy sessions with an Apraxia Kids Recognized Speech-Language Pathologist and daily group sessions run by a Communicative Disorders Assistant!
As part of 2020 Camp, you can expect your child to:
- Receive an individual consultation to set their personalized speech goals for Camp (in-person or by phone, as appropriate)
- Receive two daily 30-minute individual speech therapy sessions
- Receive 4 hours of group speech therapy
- Receive a brief summary report with recommendations for next steps in their journey with CAS
- Meet and connect with other children with CAS
- Make gains in their speech skills, social communication skills, and social skills
- Have fun!
Children planning to attend Speech Star Camps for Kids need to be able to:
- Attend to a task for 2-3 minutes with little assistance
- Respond to their name
- Understand and participate in turn-taking
- Imitate sound with some consistency
- Follow 2-step related instructions (e.g. pick it up and put it in the garbage, clap your hands and wave goodbye)
All 2020 camps are directed and run by Brooke Rea, the owner of Childhood Apraxia & Speech Therapy Centre. She is especially excited to be partnering again this year with Taryn McKinnon, BMT, MTA as music and speech therapy are a fun and effective combination. Taryn received her Honours Bachelor of Music Therapy at Wilfrid Laurier University in 2002. She completed a 1000 hour internship with the school board in Cambridge, Ontario working with children with Autism, Down Syndrome, and a wide variety of other diagnoses. Taryn has worked locally in Kitchener – Waterloo since then, specializing in working with children with speech and language disorders.
New to Speech Star Camp for Kids this year is Klarissa Cluett, BASc, CDA who will be running the group speech-language therapy portion of camp programming. We are excited for all of Klarissa’s creative and crafty energy to be joining us this year to make Speech Star Camps for Kids a reality!
Our team of therapists is ready to provide a camp for kids with suspected or identified Childhood Apraxia of Speech and/or Childhood Dysarthria unlike anything else offered in the Province of Ontario.
For more information please email us!
|Speech Star Camp for Kids||Children born in 2013-2014 (eligible for Grade 1 or 2 in September 2020)||Monday July 20 - Thursday July 23 |
|$1000||Click here to register!|
|Speech Star Camp for Kids: Big Kid Edition||Children born in 2012 or earlier (eligible for Grade 3+ in September 2020)||Monday July 27 - Thursday July 30|
|$1000||Click here to register!|
|Speech Star Camp for Kids - Kindergarten Edition||Children born in 2015-16 (eligible for JK or SK in September 2020)||Monday Aug 24 - Thursday Aug 27|
|Waitlist for Speech Star Camp Kindergarten Edition||You will be contacted when space becomes available. Click here to be added to the waitlist|
Please contact us if you have any questions.