Language Acquisition through Motor Planning ( LAMP™ ) 1 day Workshop
May 14, 2018 – registration is closed
Join the waitlist for future workshops
Hosted by CA&STC, provided by The Center for AAC & Autism General info: 6.5 hour training workshop
This course will cover the components of LAMP™ :
- Readiness to learn.
- Engaging the learner through joint engagement.
- Learning language through a unique and consistent motor plan paired with an auditory signal and a natural consequence.
What is LAMP™ ? https://www.aacandautism.com/
Discussion will include:
- How this approach addresses the core language deficits of autism.
- Device features that are beneficial to teaching language.
- How to use those features to implement LAMP™ ; components.
- Videos will be used to illustrate the treatment components.
- Registration* until April 15th is $200 for professionals and $165 for parents/students
- Registration* after April 15th is $250 for professionals and $200 for parents/students
- Registration closes May 4th, at midnight
FREE parking and lunch INCLUDED! Location: The Arboretum, Auditorium, University of Guelph
8:30 a.m. Registration and Refreshments
8:55 a.m. Welcome
9 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Training with Becca Hoke (morning break around 10:30)
12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. Lunch at the Arboretum (included) Catered by the University of Guelph award-winning in-house food service
1:00-3:30 p.m. Training (afternoon break around 2:15)
3:30 p.m. Certificates and Adjournment
Cancellations Policy *You may cancel up to two weeks prior to the workshop for a $40 cancellation fee. Within the two weeks prior to the workshop no refund will be available.